1. Age of Your Air ConditionerThe average lifespan of an air conditioner is about 10 to 15 years, depending on the type of system. If your air conditioner is older than this, it may be time for a replacement. The age of your air conditioner can be determined by looking at the nameplate or the serial number on the manufacturer’s label.
2. Loud or Unusual NoisesIf your air conditioner is making loud or unusual noises, this could be a sign that it is on its way out. Common noises that indicate a problem include rattling, grinding, or squealing. If you hear any of these noises, it is best to have a professional come out and take a look to see whether your system needs to be repaired or replaced.
3. Poor AirflowIf you notice that the air coming out of your vents is not as strong as it used to be, this could be a sign that your air conditioner is malfunctioning. Poor airflow can be caused by a variety of factors, including a clogged air filter, dirty coils, or a failing compressor, so check out these possibilities first.
4. High Energy BillsIf your energy bills are higher than usual, this could be a sign that your air conditioner is not working as efficiently as it should. An inefficient air conditioner will use more energy to cool your home, resulting in increased energy bills.
5. Leaks or Puddles Around the Unit
If you notice any leaks or puddles around your air conditioner, this could be a sign that it is not working right. Leaks can be caused by a variety of factors, including a faulty condensate pump or a cracked evaporator coil.
If you notice any of these signs from your air conditioner, it may be time for a replacement. At Comfort Experts Heating & Cooling, we offer air conditioner installation and replacement services in the Lexington area. We offer a variety of air conditioners, including powerful, energy-efficient models that can cool large homes. Our experienced technicians can help you find the right air conditioner for your home and install it quickly and efficiently.
Contact us today to learn more about our air conditioner replacement services in Lexington, South Carolina.